We are a network of practitioners who specialise in
Collaborative Practice Divorce
My name is Philippa Levitt. I have worked in the divorce field for many years. In the early eighties, I followed my father and grandfather into the practice of Law. I obtained my BALLB from the University of the Witwatersrand, and thereafter completed my articles at Werksmans Attorneys. I worked there as a professional assistant for a few years focusing mainly on Litigation and Divorce . Thereafter I founded the first all female firm of attorneys in South Africa, which I ran successfully with my partners for many years. In those years we handled, inter alia, a lot of contested, court litigated, acrimonious divorces.
Years later I studied to become an Integrative Coach with The Ford Institute in San Diego specializing in divorce coaching. I have since coached many people from all over the world on how to have a Conscious Divorce. I have led several workshops on the topic both privately and in the offices of family lawyers who wish to make this wisdom available to their clients. Please visit my coaching website at www.philippalevitt.com.
I am also a trained mediator.
Having witnessed in my practice how a divorce can literally devastate a family, I have been in search of a fairer, gentler more equitable alternative to ending a marriage. Fighting through the Courts causes unnecessary damage to the parties and their children.
There are other options to a court litigated matter known as Alternative Dispute Resolution (‘ADR”) methods and which include both Mediation and Collaboration.
I, together with a handful of Johannesburg family lawyers have been trained as Collaborative Divorce Attorneys by colleagues in the United States and Canada. You are invited to visit our FAQ section or to click on the video link on our home page to learn more…
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Bev Loubser commenced practicing for her own account in 2004 when she left the corporate world to create a more acceptable work / home balance and spend more time with her two children. Her practice has grown over the years and she is now assisted by two attorneys and two articled clerks.
- Graduated from the University of South Africa with a B.Proc degree in 1996.
- Joined Kallmeyer & Strime in 1983 as a secretary and in 1991 as a Candidate Attorney.
- Admitted as an attorney in 1997.
- Completed a Certificate in Deceased Estate Practice presented by the Law Society of South Africa and accredited by the Faculty of Law of the University of South Africa on 1999.
- Received a Right of Appearance in the High Court in 2002.
- Admitted as a Conveyancer and Notary in 2003.
- Joined Fluxmans Inc as an Associate in 2003.
- Opened her own practice in 2004.
- Accredited as a Family Law Mediator in 2008 and a member of SAAM.
- Completed Basic Training in Collaborative Divorce Practice accredited by the National Association of Collaborative Professionals (NACP) in 2013.
- Completed Level II Collaborative Practice Training accredited by the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) in 2014.
- A member of the Johannesburg Collaborative Law Practice Group.
- Accredited as a Civil Law Mediator in 2014.
- Facilitator: Conscious Divorce Coaching (2014), with Coach: Philippa Levitt.
- Conflict Dynamics Accredited Commercial Mediator (2016)
- CEDR Accredited Mediator (2016)
- SAAM Chairperson (2017/2018)
- Collaborative Practice & Mediation
- Family Law
- Deceased Estate Administration
- Conveyancing & Property Law
- Notarial Practice
I am an attorney by profession. I was admitted in 2002 and I practised for my own account from August 2007 until March 2014, when I went on to the non-practising roll as I decided to focus on my passion: mediation. My speciality as an attorney was in family law. In 2008 I began my training as a mediator and I have been mediating since 2009.
I am a member of the South African Association of Mediators (SAAM) which is the regulating body for mediators in Gauteng and I am accredited by SAAM as such.
I am also trained and accredited by the University of Stellenbosch’s Africa Centre for Dispute Resolution in conjunction with Conflict Dynamics as a civil and commercial mediator. I also hold a certificate of accreditation from the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution in the UK.
I am appointed by the Department of Justice & Constitutional Development as a Level 2 accredited mediator and have been appointed to the Department’s panel in the South African pilot project for Court-Annexed Mediation.
I have been on the panel of ProBono.Org since 2009 as a mediator and as an attorney.
My website is www.mgbinc.co.za for more information about my mediation practice.